When you decide to launch your nonprofit organization, you want it to be as successful as possible. If you are looking for your nonprofit e-commerce website to stand out above the rest, we can help. Read on to learn these tips for running a responsive website that is sure to benefit your nonprofit and its mission.
There are several elements for a successful e-commerce website. The features listed below are the standard for any e-commerce website.
Must-Have Features in An E-Commerce Website
- User-Friendly Interface: Face it, if your target audience gets bored, they will move on. Take the time to get your website. To remedy this, create a responsive web design that is easy to use.
- High-Quality Visual Content: Make sure your product is displayed properly online. When you include shots of your product from different angles along with informational video content, this helps your shoppers make their buying decision.
- Reviews from Users: A great way to get new customers is to display reviews from previous and current customers. Make this the first thing they see when getting on your website. Make sure you add a call-to-action (CTA) feature that makes it simple for customers to leave product reviews.
- Mobile-Friendly: According to a recent study, 79 percent of smartphone users have made a purchase on their mobile devices in the past six months. Make sure your e-commerce website is compatible with iPhone and Android devices.
Top 5 Tips for Running A Successful Nonprofit E-Commerce Website
Ramp Up Your Website Safety and Security
The last thing you want is for your e-commerce website to catch a bug. Safety is one of the primary concerns for your e-commerce website. This is because a virus puts your computer, your customers and your business at risk. Besides, an unsecured website does not fare well on Google searches and will eventually get flagged. If the site does not have the SSL certificate and HTTPS protocol, then it is not guaranteed to be safe for the administrators as well as the users. As you are building and working on your website design, you should simultaneously get these security matters in place.
Be sure to continually optimize your e-commerce website. You can do this throughout the website development process. Google is now flagging websites with slow loading speeds. If your page takes more than five seconds to load, chances are the users may bounce. This is one of the top reasons to continuously optimize your e-commerce website.
The entire purpose of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is to increase your sales by ranking higher on search engines. This takes a few strategies and techniques to do this. One way to optimize for SEO is through specific keywords in your website content. This is where a web designer that specializes in SEO may be helpful while you are in the stages of setting up your e-commerce website.
Make Your Registrations Easy
There are benefits for registered users of an e-commerce website. All the customer’s vital information including shipping and billing address, purchase history, and special discounts are included all in one place. Some shoppers still like the option of being a guest user with a one-click purchase feature, so make both options available on your website. Most online shoppers have many different accounts online for different things. This gives them the option to not have to add yet one more account if they don’t want to. There are many opportunities to make them repeat customers..
When you add as many payment options as you can on your e-commerce website, it is your best option for customer satisfaction. The easier you make it for customers to make their purchase, the better. If they find too few options for payment, they may go to a competitor.
There are several popular e-commerce payment methods available today. These include:
- Apple Pay
- Amazon Pay
- American Express
- Via major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, and Discover
When you use the above tips on your e-commerce website, it can vastly help you reach your business goals for your nonprofit.
Inner Works Pro can help you build a successful philanthropic business with our website management and business consulting services. Contact us today to schedule your business assessment.