Best Auditing Tools
- Google Analytics allows the user to analyze all your data in one place.
- With DeepCrawl, users can detect opportunities to research your website’s full potential.
- BuzzSumo provides content insights that can help generate ideas and high-quality content to grow your business website performance.
- Ahrefs SEO Site Audit tool helps you become an SEO pro and rank higher in searches and get more website traffic.
Running periodic audits can help you make sure that everything is running smoothly with your website, and lets you know what needs to be fixed.
Best Auditing Techniques
- Run the website URL through the site audit tool.
- Find any technical errors and fix them.
- Identify SEO issues. When you check your social media, pay attention to make sure there is social media consistency throughout all social media platforms.
- Evaluate website design and user experience (UX). Getting on your site as a user would allow you to have the actual user experience. If you have any difficulty with any elements in the site, it is time to fix them.
- Perform an analysis of all website content. Do a read-through of all content on your website. Consider if some of your information is outdated and needs an update or even illumination on the topic.
- Create a checklist of all site issues and mark them off when fixed.
- Evaluate and test the entire website. Once you have reviewed and made adjustments, it is now time to run another test.
- Test all website forms. A responsive web design makes the user experience better, and therefore, chances are they will return to the website.
- Test all Call To Action (CTA) buttons or links and make sure they work properly.
- Review key performance indicators, SEO, and analytics. You will need to consistently monitor your website SEO and tweak any campaigns as necessary.
- Run updates. Always run system updates when suggested.
- Renew your domain. Make sure you do not lose your domain name, which is connected to your brand. Renew as soon as possible to avoid a disruption in your website.
- Check your backups and assure everything is up-to-date.
- Review website compatibility with browsers. The most successful websites are responsive websites that are compatible with all internet browsers. These browsers such as Google, Bing, and others do updates on their sites, which may make your website not compatible with the browser anymore.
- Review all dates on everything to make sure items are current and make changes if needed.
- Review your contact information. If any of your contact information has changed, make sure all appropriate forms and other areas are updated.
- Review disclaimers. As the laws change, check to see if your disclaimers are up-to-date.
Inner Works Pro can help you reach your business goals with our various website management services. Contact us today for your business assessment.