While managing a remote business, you’ll need the ability to keep track of all pending tasks—especially if your many contractors are spread out in several locations. How do you manage all these tasks and deadlines? We’ve got some recommendations for great task and project management software.
Read on to learn some best practices for task management, as well as some of our favorite programs.
Important Aspects of Your Business’s Task Management System
Why is task tracking an important facet of running an online business? When you use task tracking software, you can see all tasks in a single place. It also enables the prioritization and delegation of tasks in an easy and convenient way. Plus, these tracking systems can improve your team collaboration and boost productivity.
Here are some things you should keep in mind when developing your team’s task tracking system:
Start with Training
A good idea to start task tracking is ensuring that your contractors and employees understand how to use the digital tools. For some, especially people with many decades in the workforce, learning new technology can be stressful.
Consider scheduling a special Zoom conference with all involved to get everyone on the same page. This can also act as a forum for any software operation questions they may have. A one-hour video meeting at the beginning of a project could prevent the time wasting later on when a contractor has questions that need answering as a deadline is looming.
You can create a customized task workspace for each individual or group. Then, you’ll only need to assign the relevant individuals to each workspace. This prevents any confusion to team members who may be unsure if any project or task is their responsibility.
Establish Clear Goals
The right task tracking tool will make task prioritization much easier to manage. A tracking tool enables team members to focus on the next task in the project with the highest priority.
Easy Task Delegation
Utilize a calendar feature to view the tasks of the entire team at one glance. With this view, it can also ease the process of informing contractors about overdue tasks.
Most Task Tracking Software helps with collaboration within your team. Team members can communicate among themselves regarding tasks to avoid redundancies. You can also monitor the progress of all tasks remotely.
Advanced Features That Facilitate Productivity
Task management software has a myriad of features that can help improve the efficiency of your workload. Some of these advanced features include:
- Due dates: The time and date that a task is due are displayed, and alerts are activated if tasks become overdue.
- Customizable task views: Choose from available task types and how they are viewed.
- Integrations: Manage and collaborate on different platforms; this makes coordination of tasks much easier when two or more platforms are synced.
- Multiple Assignees: This enables more than one team member the ability to collaborate on a single task.
Popular Task Management Software
What are some of the most popular task tracking and management tools? Of the hundreds of available tools, each has its own unique features. We can help you determine which is best for your online business.
Here are some of the most popular:
- MeisterTask was voted one of the best task management tools by users worldwide in 2019 for its ease of use and the ability to integrate with other online tools (including Slack, Office 365, and Harvest). Users can also collaborate in real-time with all the data relating to a task stored in one place.
- Monday.com is a highly customizable platform, featuring tools for easy collaboration like graphs, forms, and calendar sync. The app is available on iPhone/iPad, Android, and Windows.
- Paymo allows the user to manage tasks, track time, create team schedules, and bill clients all in one place. Other features include advanced filters and multiple task views.
- Trello is known for its ease of use for collaboration. Tasks are managed through boards which contain cards that list tasks, due dates, task checklists, and messages. Trello is also available as a mobile app.
- Hubstaff is a time tracking and productivity monitoring tool. The features on this platform include timesheets for tracking time worked, screenshots to monitor work progress, and payroll service. Plus, it offers 24/7 support for users.
- Quire is a free platform that contains many useful features including project templates, integrations with other programs, data export and backup, and the ability to track progress from anywhere at any time.
Whatever your online business needs, our team at Inner Works Pro will help you choose the best task tracking and management tool. Once the platform is set up and all contractors are on board, your online business will run with as much efficiency—if not more so—than a traditional on location business.