Guest Blogger Submission Form and Requirements
Guest Blogger Submission Requirements
(Your submission must meet these requirements)
How to Submit a Guest Blog Post to Inner Works Pro
We accept submissions as pitches or fully written articles on topics related to Inner Works Pro’s work. If you have a question about whether your topic fits our needs, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Acceptable topics include, but are not limited to:
• Web design
• Social Media Management
• Time Management
• Small Business
• Nonprofit Needs
We welcome both original material and cross-postings from other blogs. If you are cross-posting, please be sure that you have the right to do so, and that you include a link at the bottom that says, “This piece was originally published on on mm/dd/yy.”
Our audience ranges from entrepreneurs to small business owners to nonprofit founders. We focus on social enterprises and nonprofits, companies with a cause.
Blogs should be anywhere from 600-800 words. Please be concise and consider overall readability.
Please write in an easy-to-understand, accessible style by avoiding jargon and being overly technical. Because most of our audience is U.S.-based, we are only able to accept blogs written in English. If you reference a statistic, organization, or recent event in your piece, we ask that you provide a link to the research or an article on the subject.
Format and Editing:
All submissions will be edited for correct grammar and formatted per Inner Works Pro’s stylebook, which is based on AP Style, before publication. We may also break up long blocks of text to increase readability and rephrase sentences to maintain a conversational tone for blog posts. Keep headlines short and simple, preferably no more than 11 words (headlines are subject to change).
We welcome editorial image submissions with your blog. They must be a .jpg, .gif or .png file and meet our size/quality requirements:
• Feature image (Required): width of 800px and a height of 450px.
• Large Image (Optional): 656px by 410px. Will fill the entire width of the post.
• Medium Image (Optional): 300px by 199px. Will fill ½ the width of the post.
We are pleased to give you credit as the author of your post. Your byline will be displayed at the bottom of the page below your guest post.
• We allow one link in your byline to your own blog or social media account. The link may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site, such as a different cause or website other than your own blog.
• We don’t allow links to your site within the post content unless it is directly related to the blog post topic.
• All links must be approved by Inner Works Pro.
• All search engine optimization (“SEO”) information, such as anchor text or alt tags, will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at our sole discretion.
• Always have links open in a new tab, please.
• Excessive links or any links that appear commercial will be removed. We reserve the right to remove any link including your byline in our sole discretion.
Blog post submissions are welcome to be republished on the author’s own blog, or on any partner blog that the author agrees to. If Inner Works Pro was the first place the blog post was published, please include the hyperlinked tag that says, “This piece was originally published on Inner Works Pro’’s blog on mm/dd/yy.”
Inner Works Pro is unable to pay for contributed blog posts.
Inner Works Pro retains the right to republish blog posts in any of our other publications. Inner Works Pro also reserves the right to decline to publish a submitted pitch blog post for any reason, including duplication of recent topics, the need for significant rewrites, pieces that are self-promotional, pieces that are discriminatory or offensive, or if the topic does not fit with our needs. Because of the moderation process and our monthly editorial calendar, blogs will not be published immediately. If several blog posts are submitted at once (either by one person or by several individuals), Inner Works Pro may stagger their publications to ensure each blog post can be adequately shared and promoted.